Wednesday, November 10, 2010

When will it end?

I'm not a fan of 5ish. Maybe it's different for boys and girls, but I don't think I like this 4 going on 5 deal. I'd like to know the name and address of the behavior fairy that came in the middle of the night 50 million years ago ( it does seem like it's been that long ) and sprinkled my kid with "I'm-not-going-to-listen-to-anything-you-say" dust. Then I'd like to know why this fairy decided to throw in a handful of "I-want-what-I-want-and-if-you-don't-give-it-to-me-I'll-throw-a-fit" dust. I may kill that little fairy.

I'm only human. So when you see those super moms on TV who just shrug their shoulders and say "Kids will be kids", I want to let you know that it's a lie. I don't think there is a mom like that--there never was, and there never will be. Not a mom that cares about her kids anyway. I do know that there are those moms who have the same behavioral issues with their child and STILL act as though their child can do no wrong.

Funny enough, it's the dads who really think their children can do no wrong. It would be quite lovely to have the opportunity to tell these dads, and I know a few of them, that their children are just as infuriating as everyone else's. I would also like to mention that they would know this if they spent more than a few hours on the weekends with them.

Ahhhh almost 5, what a time. I may write a book. Or just start drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment