Saturday, October 17, 2009

Aahhhhh Saturday in Autumn

I love fall. I mean I really love this time of year. Sometimes I think it's unhealthy how much I love it. It's cold but not too cold, at least not for me and it's bright and crisp. It feels clean outside to me. Most people say they get that feeling in springtime but I just feel muddy. Really though, that's what it does in spring, it rains and gets muddy. Or if you live in New England, it rains in the summer too.


So far today my husband and daughter made eggs, hashbrowns, sausage, and chocolate chip pancakes and we ate until we couldn't move. Then the two of them went out and cut our six pumpkins off the vine. They aren't big enough yet but since it snowed yesterday, they're done whether they like it or not. They also cut down all the sunflowers we had so the seeds can dry. Good for them, I stayed inside and took a long hot shower! We're off for the day, no doubt to go apple picking. If I don't get any apple cider donuts today I may pop!


I have no idea what the song is, or who sings it, but do you know that song "Nobody's gonna break my stride, nobody's gonna slow me down, oh no, I've got to keep on movin'"? I'm not sure if that's the way it goes but that's how I'm hearing it. It's in my head right now and that's my theme song for the day. It's sooo pretty outside and I can't wait to get out there.


This is the kind of day that you should spend outdoors with the kids running around, getting along and listening of course, and drinking hot apple cider with friends. Apple crisp would be good too. Ok we're off, I think I'll add to this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment