Thursday, October 15, 2009

First day...let's see what happens

I've never done anything like this before. More often than not, people don't want to hear what I'm really thinking because you're not supposed to say that stuff out loud. It's really too bad, even if you don't agree, at least I can provide some food for thought. Maybe if I'm not saying it out loud, the fall out won't be so bad.

So why am I doing this? I dunno really. I guess I just want to say what I feel and get it out there. Perhaps I'll be congratulated. I'm sure I'll be ridiculed. Oh well, whachyagonnado right? I have no idea where I'm going to go with this or even how long I'll write. For now, I'm here and I'm just going to say what's on my mind.

Hmmm...what is on my mind? Husbands who have to work late for starters. Mine has been unemployed 8ish times in 4 years and finally at the beginning of this year got a full time job. He's still there, thank God (or whoever you choose to thank). Lately though this is a bittersweet arrangement. He has to take a bus to work at 7:15 and doesn't come home until 6:30. That's on a good day. My daughter has had a hard time adjusting to her daddy not being home very much and you know who's had to deal with that. Last week he worked 4 nights from home until about midnight, one night he stayed late and came home at 8:30. This week he stayed until 9ish and came home about 10:30 and two nights he had to work from home late--one of those nights he was up all night. I haven't talked to my husband in about three days so of course nothing beyond that is going on either. He's a total bear because he's not sleeping and my daughter is acting up because she's seeing her daddy even less.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very glad we have a job--especially after all the crap we went through being unemployed. But dammit, this is enough. I have no idea what the story will be tonight but I'm really hoping that he's done working like this for a while. I could use a night with my husband and I know my daughter would love some more attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment