Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Does it really matter?

I'm in a mom's group and there's a post going about the Baby Einsteins DVD's...the refund and all that. Some of the moms are kind of defending letting their kids watching TV and one in particular admits to about 3 hours of TV for her children per day. I don't agree with sitting your child in front of a TV for that long each day at all. What are you doing during that time? I wish I had three hours a day to do whatever. That's not my point right now though. Why do I care? And why does she feel the need to defend it? They're not my kids so while I care about them as a whole, I don't care if they're the smartest or have the best childhood. I only care about my kid. Does that make me selfish, or heartless? I'm not sure, but I don't think so. I have some very close friends and I think the world of their children. But I don't care how their moms are raising them because it doesn't affect me. I don't think any of them are in any danger otherwise I would say something. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the outcome of my child, down to the tiniest detail, is my only concern. Why can't other moms think the same way? Why are we always judging each other and looking down our noses? Who cares if you're the crafty mom, or the thin mom, or the mom with the hot husband? Who care if you have the biggest house or your kids are in prep school? I certainly don't. All I care about is how you treat me and my family and if you're good to your kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment